I may be a self-described Boring Heterosexual Person, but that doesn’t mean I can’t celebrate Coming Out Day in my own little way.
I’m a bisexual who has several friends across the LGBT spectrum; reblogging in the name of love ♥
Love to all <3.
Jonathan Franzen in the Irish Times.
You know, despite all the hullabaloo nothing fully convinced me that I had to read him — until this. Too bad the realisation comes one week after he gave a reading ten minutes from my house. Ah well.
- Life is kind of terrifying, but hiding under the covers forever isn’t really an option, so yeah. Facing it it is.
- I feel like a kid going to kindergarten for the first time most days. I guess some things never change.
- My social skills could really use some brushing up. I’ve no idea what to do about it, though, because it’s not like I don’t know the theory of how to interact with people. But when the moment to actually do it comes, I freeze.
- I know the failing is completely my own, but having said that I still wish people weren’t so quick to mistake shyness for snottiness and didn’t react quite so aggressively or resentfully.
- My professor and most of my classmates hadn’t heard of Patrick Ness before. That has now changed. #Ilivetospreadthelove
- Future librarians aren’t necessarily as book-obsessed as I am. I don’t mean that this is a failing on their part, of course. But I guess my illusions about a room full of kindred spirits have been shattered.
- I miss my cats and dogs.
- I’m going to see a stage adaptation of A Christmas Carol in December! I’m sure it’s going to be wonderful and Christmasy and awesome.
- Perfect Autumn days, books, walks in the park and chocolate make even the loneliest, most difficult days at least bearable.