Posts tagged glbtq
Posts tagged glbtq
I’m ridiculously obsessed with Six Feet Under and I LOVE DAVID AND KEITH SO MUCH. That is all.
(Also, ten days to go for season two of Downton Abbey! SO excited. Plus I’ve recently found out that while I’m still in the UK I can actually watch it online legally. I’ll just be about 24 hours behind anyone who actually owns a TV. Might be a good idea to avoid Twitter for that period…)
Anyone who sees these photos will probably be left thinking that I spent my day and a half in London doing nothing but stalking Neil and Amanda, visiting author’s graves, and going to bookshops. That’s… actually about right.
In honor of Spirit Day today, I’ve compiled a list of great YA books featuring gay, lesbian, bisexual, or transgendered characters.
- Will Grayson, Will Grayson, by John Green and David Levithan
- Hero by Perry Moore
- Rainbow Boys, Rainbow High, and Rainbow Road by Alex Sanchez
- Parrotfish by Ellen Wittlinger
- Boy Meets Boy by David Levithan
- Naomi And Ely’s No-Kiss List by Rachel Cohn and David Levithan
- The Geography Club by Brent Hartinger
- The Bermudez Triangle by Maureen Johnson
- Kissing Kate by Lauren Myracle
- Weetzie Bat by Francesca Lia Block
- Keeping You A Secret and Luna by Julie Anne Peters
- Ash by Malinda Lo
- The Screwed-Up Life of Charlie the Second by Drew Ferguson
- Annie On My Mind by Nancy Garden
- Empress Of The World by Sara Ryan
- The Vast Fields Of Ordinary by Nick Burd
- The God Box by Alex Sanchez
Some of these are my personal favorites (like Will Grayson, Will Grayson and Hero) and some were contributed by others. Thanks to everyone who helped! Books like Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson helped me get through depression as a teen, and maybe some of these books can provide the same kind of support for GLBT teens who are struggling every day.
I may be a self-described Boring Heterosexual Person, but that doesn’t mean I can’t celebrate Coming Out Day in my own little way.
I’m a bisexual who has several friends across the LGBT spectrum; reblogging in the name of love ♥
Love to all <3.
This city and I are going to be friends.